Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Top 5


Well, it's that time of year again.  The time of the lists.  The time that I *love*!  It's been a pretty stellar year in kidlit this year, and I found myself arranging and rearranging my Top 5 list.  This year, unlike previous years, I am sticking to the tween titles.  This list doesn't attempt to be balanced at all.  And of course, there are only the titles that I read that I am considering.  That said, the list is pretty sweet, if I do say so myself!

What Happened on Fox Street, by Tricia Springstubb

The Kneebone Boy, by Ellen Potter

One Crazy Summer, by Rita Williams-Garcia


Turtle in Paradise, by Jennifer L. Holm

So there you have it!

What are your favourite 2010 books for tweens?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am having a hard time picking my top 5! I haven't read Turtle in Paradise yet but I loved the rest of these titles.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm--

The Kneebone Boy for sure, and probably Origami Yoda as well.

I also loved the fresh funny voice of Donna Gephart in How to Survive Middle School, and the empathetic Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper.

My book blog:
5 Minutes for Books