Saturday, April 09, 2011

Real Life Tween Reader

Sparkle is another reader who has been wandering around this library since she was 4. She will generally give anything a test drive, which is an invaluable service!  She's not shy about letting us know why a book works or why it doesn't!  It's fabulous to see a tween reader who knows what she likes, but is willing to give new things a chance.

Do you consider yourself a reader?
Yes, I do consider myself a reader.

What are your favorite genres to read?
Murder mysteries, fantasy, and humorous gruesome books.

How do you select the books you want to read?
I mostly ask for recommendations from librarians, or friends.

What is your favorite book so far?
My favorite book so far is A Tale Dark and Grimm because it is funny *and* bloody.

What is your favorite thing about reading?
My favorite thing about reading is learning the incredible character's story.

Do you read on an e-reader/phone/computer?
Nope.  Only the real kind of book.

What kinds of books do you think are the most popular with kids your age?  Why?
I have no idea.  I'm really not up to date on those things.

What are you currently reading?
I am reading The Romeo and Juliet Code.

1 comment:

LinWash said...

I'm really glad you have this post. It's great to see what kids are actually reading. I wondered about A Tale Dark and Grimm. I have it on my wish list.