Monday, December 09, 2013

Maker Monday - aka Passive Programming in the School Library

Today I attempted my first Maker Monday, and I have to say, it was a modest success.  It does help that I have my own daughter with me who is willing to jump in to any and all things crafty.  I started easy, with a craft that many children already know.

Paper snowflakes.

But I took it up a notch by asking the kids to write a hope or dream for the New Year on their snowflake.


I simply printed out step-by-step directions, along with diagrams of the necessary folds.  I found it necessary to individually ask some kids to come over to the table, but most were willing and they were all willing to help one another.  I had a mix of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th graders complete the craft.

I told a couple of the parents that this would be a Monday thing, and there was only positive feedback.

No comments: