Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saying Goodbye To My Newbery Year

Chances are, if you read this blog you know that the ALA announced the Youth Media Awards on Monday morning.  It was a bitter sweet time, as it signaled the end of my Newbery tenure.

This past year (and a half) has been filled with more books than you can possibly imagine.  I was reading with a critical eye, thinking and re-thinking, reading and re-reading.

I am particularly proud of our committee and our hard work.  It does seem a little strange to be reading for the sake of it, but I am pleased that this blog will be going back to its old format.  I will be keeping up with the tween interviews and the "on the clip-board" posts, but they will be interspersed with book recommendations!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congratulations on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this! It really is appreciated. Be proud!

And it was sooo fun to watch it on webcast. Look forward to being there one day.

Stasia D said...

Thanks so much Charlotte and Deb. It was something else!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Congrats on a great job and all your hard work!

Liz B said...

congratulations! and I cannot wait to read these books!

in a way, I think this is still your Newbery Year: it's the year when you look at the current award and honor books and think, I did that.