Thursday, June 28, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Creative Commons Search: johnny_automatic
Whew!  The end of school is firmly behind me, as is ALA Annual 2012.  Now I can get down to some serious summer reading!

I have read several great books in a row including Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage (who I was lucky enough to have lunch with at ALA), A Year in Coal Harbor, by Polly Horvath, and Drama, by Raina Telgemeier.  All three books are fantastic, and I will get to blogging them soon!

I will also say that if you haven't read our Newbery 2012 books, you should get on that yourselves.  Honors Inside Out and Back Again, by Thanha Lai, Breaking Stalin's Nose, by Eugene Yelchin, and medal winner Dead End in Norvelt, by Jack Gantos are all spectacular tween reads exploring journeys, families, summers and beliefs.

Happy Summer Reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not think I would love Dead End in Norvelt. I didn't even think I'd like it. It had me searching for more Gantos. Nicely done!

Stasia D said...

Thanks, Kathy!